Surprise, surprise, here’s another recipe from The Pioneer Women. It’s funny, I have her recipe book sitting up by my cookbooks, but I’ve been making more recipes from her site then her book.
When I saw this post from Ree, I immediately e-mailed it to my mom and said “this is what our next cottage breakfast is going to be.” And sure enough, that’s what we had for breakfast in MI the next weekend. They were delicious. The only thing we changed is we toasted/broiled the English muffins before adding the egg mixture. There was quite a bit of egg mixture leftover so we ate that on toasted bread the next morning, delicious!
Make-Ahead Muffin Melts
- 12 whole Hard-boiled Eggs, Peeled And Chopped
- 2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup (real) Mayonnaise
- 12 slices Bacon, Fried And Crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon (heaping) Dijon Mustard (if you’re not a big mustard fan, I would suggest leaving it out)
- ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 whole English Muffins Split
Combine eggs with all other ingredients. Fold together gently. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
Spread on English muffin halves, then broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly. (Don’t set them too close to the heating element.)
Recipe from The Pioneer Women