I found this recipe about a year ago from the Neiman Marcus Cookbook. The ingredient that makes these cookies different from other recipes is the espresso powder. This is probably one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes!
Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Recipe from: Neiman Marcus Cookbook by Kevin Garvin with John Harrison)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet (I used my pizza stone).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and espresso powder; stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Cookies should be 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. For crisper cookies, bake 2 minute longer and for softer, 2 minutes less.